Kato Nakiri Damascus 165mm (6.5")
Best To Use
(click on icons for more knives)
Kato Nakiri Damascus is a great looking piece. Highly polished blade makes the both wavy and circular Damascus pattern stick out in all its glory. Nakiri is a double bevel version of the traditional Japanese knife Usuba (which are traditionally single bevel).
These knives are made for one task only - cutting vegetables.
|Hardness (HRC scale):||60-61|
|Overall length:||298mm (11.7")|
|Blade length:||165mm (6.5")|
|Spine thickness:||1.7mm (0.07")|
|Weight:||185g (6.5 oz)|
|Handle length:||120mm (4.7")|
|Handle type / wood:||Western / Black & Red Pakka wood|
Use & Care:
- Handwash in warm water and towel dry
- Use a sharpening stone (not a honing steel!) to sharpen your knife
- Do not cut frozen foods and meat bones
- Do not put the knife in a dishwasher
- Read our comprehensive guide on proper Maintenance of Kitchen Knives.
Still doubting which type of Japanese knife should best fit your needs? We created a quick, 5-steps quiz to help you find the perfect knife based on your cooking skills and the type of food you prepare.