Tojiro Traditional Sushi Set
Best To Use
(click on icons for more knives)
A three-piece Tojiro’s traditional kitchen knife set contains three major Japanese knives:
- Yanagiba 210mm (8.3") - long, thin blade designed for slicing raw fish and meat,
- Deba 150mm (5.9") – heavy traditional Japanese knife for tougher tasks,
- Nakiri 160mm (6.3") – kitchen knife for vegetables.
☝️ Yanagiba and Deba are chisel ground and are suitable for right-handed users only!
All three knives have traditional Japanese wooden handles made of magnolia wood. Blades are forged in stainless steel with 58 HRC. Very sharp knives, suitable for any kitchen task and are easy to use and maintain.
Tojiro is one of the top 5 largest Japanese kitchen knife manufacturers. They are renowned across Japan and internationally for their top-quality knives for a reasonable price. Tojiro's focus on advanced technologies, together with their insatiable dedication for constant improvements of their knives and materials, makes Tojiro's knives a must-have in any kitchen. Tojiro's main focus? Sharpness!
A big bonus is their great team which we are always very eager to meet and talk to! 😊
|Blade shape||Yanagiba, Deba, Nakiri|
150 - 210mm (5.9"-7.5")
|Molybdenum Vanadium Steel Series|
|Handle type / wood||Japanese / Magnolia|
|Hardness (HRC scale)||58|
Use & Care:
- Handwash in warm water and towel dry
- Use a sharpening stone (not a honing steel!) to sharpen your knife
- Do not cut frozen foods and meat bones
- Do not put the knife in a dishwasher
- Read our comprehensive guide on proper Maintenance of Kitchen Knives.
Still doubting which type of Japanese knife should best fit your needs? We created a quick, 5-steps quiz to help you find the perfect knife based on your cooking skills and the type of food you prepare.