15-20% OFF on our selection of multi-purpose knives
A versatile selection of kitchen knives that will shine with all kinds of chopping, slicing and rocking motions on the kitchen board. Multi-purpose knives are suitable for preparing meat, fish and veggies.
Santoku, Bunka, Gyuto - which one is your favorite?
- Santoku is the original Japanese all-around knife most commonly used in Japanese home kitchens.
- Excels at all types of cutting and chopping on a cutting board.
- It has a wide blade, straight belly, the spine curves towards the tip at an 60-degree angle, making it resemble a sheep's foot.
- Allows easy, simple cutting technique also for inexperienced cooks.
- Forward and backward motion slicing technique. Straight cutting edge gives it a limited rocking motion.
- San means “three”, hence “knife of three virtues”.
- Blade length range: 150 - 180 mm (5.9”-7.1”)
- The most multipurpose kitchen knife of them all!
- Japanese version of the classic Western Chef’s knife.
- Gyuto is thinner and lighter than its Western cousin. Making it more agile and precise.
- Handles! European (Yo-gyuto) or Japanese (Wa-gyuto).
- Originally designed for cutting beef, it literally means “cow sword”.
- Supports all cutting techniques:
Chopping, slicing, rocking, mincing, dicing … Great for slicing steaks, mincing garlic and dicing carrots.
- Blade length range: 150 - 390 mm (5.9”-15.4”)
210 mm (8.3”) - most common choice for home cooks
240 mm (9.5”) - most common choice for professional chefs
GYUTO / CHEF'S KNIFE
- The shape of the blade is called Bunka which means culture in Japanese. A quiet reminder of the samurai traditions.
- Shorter, agile multipurpose knife.
- A classic Bunka shape has a pronounced reverse tanto K-tip that allows piercing and precise, delicate work.
- Versatile use for home and professional chefs.
- Great for chopping veggies,
preparing all kinds of meat and raw fish and finer techniques such as chopping garlic, dicing or julienne.
- Suitable for any cutting, chopping, or slicing assignment you throw at it.
- A lightly shorter blade length: 165 - 200 mm (7.9”-6.5”)
Shopping for someone else but not sure which knife will they like the most?
Give them the gift of choice with our gift card.
A great solution for those who prefer flexibility! 🎁
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW!
Join to get special offers, free giveaways, and once-in-a-lifetime deals.